CONSULTINGThe FCI Group specializes in independent project estimating and budgeting, work that is designed for each one of our clients. The FCI Group is fully licensed, bonded and insured with over 25 plus years of experience in the construction and development industries working with clients to provide accurate project cost and planning. Our consulting services include:
- Project estimating & estimating consulting
- Pre-construction services
- Remote & on-site project management and document management
- SWPPP permitting & compliance inspections
- Job cost control & reporting
- HCSS HeavyBid and Agtek software consulting and estimating for civil work
- Viewpoint and Procore construction software for PM and construction scheduling
- Construction inspection service
- Owner/engineer pre-construction and construction representation
- Bonding surety representation and project consulting
- Full service construction consultants
PRE-CONSTRUCTIONIn order to provide our clients with unique solutions for every phase of development thru construction, FCI Group tailors preconstruction services to satisfy the demands of each project. Our preconstruction services include the following:
- Program and scope analysis for optimum use of available funds
- Project budget to develop and regulate scope
- Scheduling analysis and development to keep the project on track
- Document review to check and streamline construction between trades
- Constructability analysis to build properly and cost effectively
- Life cycle cost analysis for long-term, cost-efficient building systems
- Sustainability analysis to maximize green design and LEED credits
- Value management to ensure every dollar reaches its maximum potential
- Complete budget estimates to maintain a balance budget through development
- Prequalification of all trade contractors to lower risk and retain quality
- Information analysis and support to streamline all communication
- Virtual design, construction and building information modeling
- Site utilization plan for efficient and safe operations with minimal disruptions
- Phasing options for fast-track construction and flexibility with client operations
- Permitting process assistance
DESIGN BUILDDesign-Build is a construction delivery system in which a single entity provides both the design and construction elements required to take a project from inception to completion. As the design-builder, FCI Group is the leader of a team of professionals (designers, architects, draftsmen, and engineers) required to complete the necessary design elements as well as for the construction phase of the work.
The design-builder works with the owner to develop a budget, this is accomplished by assessing the projects needs. The budget then directs the formation of the design elements to meet or exceed the needs. The advantages of the delivery system over the more traditional methodology of design-bid-build are:
- Single point of responsibility for both design and construction
- Design evaluation and value engineering from preliminary schematic design through final construction drawings/documents
- Time lines can be shortened to bring projects on line faster, thus deducting financing costs
- Design input on critical systems from subcontractors and industry insiders
- Costs, a typical design-builder can save the owner money both in design and construction
This methodology is gaining attention with less litigation, lower costs, and shorter time frames. It's a shared risk arrangement where both parties benefit and share in the cost savings attributed to the delivery system.
GC / CMGeneral Contracting is a service provided to take a prospective project to a physical form in the construction stage of its development. FCI Group has helped owners through the rigors of construction phase to realize the reality of their dream projects. We're able to earn the respect and reputation for being a top notch GC, exceeding customer expectations with experience to subcontract with area trades/craftsmen, suppliers and subcontractors.
FCI Group is able to control the project through the management of the projects critical path. This is done by performing many critical path elements with its own forces, selecting quality subcontractors and insisting on the highest quality in the industry. Whether it be a negotiated contract or a hard bid to a private client or local governmental agency, the same principles are incorporated for a successful project.
Construction Management is a service where FCI Group partners with a client to oversee every aspect of the design and construction phases of a project. As a valued partner, the construction manager is able to use the construction management skills gathered over the organization's member's collectivity life time to organize, oversee, and manage for the owner benefits all aspects for a successful project. FCI Group personnel have 40 years of collective construction management experience over the past three decades.
STRUCTURAL CONCRETEAt FCI Group this increasingly important area of construction is a passion not a practice. Concrete is the bedrock of every project and we take it very seriously. By starting with shaped budgets and schedules we can add true value. By doing this we analyze logistics, form work applications and systems, pour sequences, layouts and equipment that are pertinent to specific concrete projects such as tilt up structures, footings and foundations, and concrete flatwork. From formwork to finishes we pride ourselves as masters in the business and take pride over our finish job quality.